5:01 Dec 11th, 2013 |
It’s that time of the year again, and my holiday inspiration is at an all time high. I thank Pinterest for that.
I love the cold weather that forces us to bundle up, the hot coffee at random times of the day just to stay warm, and the brisk feeling waking up in a warm room overlooking the cold city. Above are some of my favorite holiday ideas. There are more over on my pinterest account (link is on the right menu). I’ll be posting a holiday guide for both men + women soon.
Hope everyone has a great week!
10:37 Oct 2nd, 2013 |
This afternoon after taking a tour of our new loft, we wanted to grab some food. I wanted to take us someplace we hadn’t been to before. I saw this place Dots on the Need Supply Blog (here). Ellie made it sound pretty promising, so we ventured out to Fremont to try it out.
We both ordered the Steak & Grilled Onion (steak, onion, provolone, arugula, and a champagne vinaigrette) with a side of frites with garlic aioli. Everything about it was so perfect. The way the steak was seasoned and cooked, it was literally melting in my mouth. The balance between the arugula and cheese, not too much, not too little. The vinaigrette really finished it off well. This is definitely a place I will be coming back to, there are many other sandwiches I want to try.
If you are ever in the Fremont area, and don’t want Paseo’s, I would recommend Dots.
4262 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
8:35 Mar 28th, 2013 |
With Spring Break happening, here are a few things that can help you beat the heat on vacation and a few easy transitioning pieces you can wear now (if it’s still chilly where you live)!
1. Wilfred’s Capucine T-Shirt is great paired with shorts, and later paired with cargo skinny’s and a white blazer for a easy day to night look
2. Scotch & Soda’s military sleeveless is perfect for adding an extra cool touch to a basic tee shirt and jeans look, as well as thrown over dresses for something a little more effortless
3. Phillip Lim’s muscle tank is perfect to wear with anything, skirts? shorts? as a bikini cover up? So easy to rock
4-5. I love the mix up of florals with this Madewell bandeau top and Seafolly highwaisted bottoms
6. These short shorts by AllSaints are the perfect indigo! These are so easy to wear while lounging around in the sun or even during a bonfire with a chunky sweater thrown over
7. This Rebecca Minkoff tote is so chic and the perfect size for tossing in all of your essentials while enjoy a few days off or while running a few errands! Perfect for stowing away your beach book, and sunscreen bottle aside from a few other essentials
8. Oxfords are really nice to have after walking around in sandals all day. I love that these have cut outs so they’ll still keep your feet cool!
9. Benefit’s High Beam is the best for achieving a great dewy look! Sweeping these over your cheek bones after tanning will have you glowing!
10. Even if you won’t be by the ocean during spring break, this soap is really nice for achieving soft skin all over
11. I love the contrast of metallic / leather on this Phillip Lim sandal! Simple yet a little edgy. Pair it with a flowy dress and and moto vest and you’re set!
9:52 Feb 20th, 2013 |
On February 8th, my guys birthday (!!!), I decided to take him out to eat lunch at a place we hadn’t tried yet. Skillet Diner. A few friends of ours have told us about Skillet, but we never really made the time to go. Walking in on a semi sunny/cloudy day, the atmosphere of the place was really nice, and comfortable. Unfortunately we didn’t make it around 5pm, which is when they serve their fried chicken & waffles (which we’ve heard our friends raving about!)
I ordered an agua fresca to start off which consisted of, pineapple, mint, ginger, lemon and a little bit of rosemary, it was amazing! So refreshing with a nice kick to it. To eat my guy ordered ‘The Burger’, plain and simple. I ordered a stack of griddle cakes, which was so so good. It consisted of two griddle cakes with apple smoked bacon and american cheese inbetween the two. Their side of ‘tatoes’ was the perfect side for it.
We will definitely be going back to Skillet!
1400 E Union St
Seattle, WA 98122
9:18 Feb 2nd, 2013 |
images / pinterest
After being highly inspired by these images on Pinterest, I have decided that in March I want to do a 360 flip of our apartment. Get rid of old furniture and re-do the layout. I really dig the simplicity yet details in the images above. I’m all about a minimalistic style with a little something extra. Right now our apartment is completely random, we still have some Christmas decorations to take down too. We’ve clearly been procrastinating.
Spring cleaning will be in full effect soon!